Google Cloud Partner Sales Engineer in Bogotá, Colombia
Note: By applying to this position your application is automatically submitted to the following locations: Bogotá, Bogota, Colombia; Mexico City, CDMX, Mexico
When leading companies choose Google Cloud it's a huge win for spreading the power of cloud computing globally. Once educational institutions, government agencies, and other businesses sign on to use Google Cloud products, you come in to facilitate making their work more productive, mobile, and collaborative. You assist fellow sales Googlers by problem-solving key technical issues for our customers. You liaise with the product marketing management and engineering teams to stay on top of industry trends and devise enhancements to Google Cloud products.
Google Cloud is changing the way the world uses cloud computing by allowing customers to use our infrastructure. As a Cloud Partner Sales Engineer, you will use your knowledge and leadership of product management, industries, software and cloud computing to design solutions within the market. You will help drive awareness of our solutions at leading industry conferences and Google events. Your enthusiasm, technical and business depth, and excellent presentation skills will help our partners to understand the benefits of Google Cloud to drive business growth and customer success.
In this role, you will support our partners and partner teams. Working to become a trusted advisor to our partners and prospects, you'll help our partners utilize our Platform. In addition, you'll assist the Partner Manager using your technical and business skills to operate as efficiently as possible.
From startups building their first app to billion-user consumer companies crunching big data, the Google Cloud Platform gives developers and businesses the most advanced data and analytics solution on the market, along with Google's secure, high performance infrastructure. Our team of technical account managers and software engineers work with partners across all functions to develop solutions that harness Google's planet-wide platform to solve the world's most challenging problems.
- Work with Partner Managers to identify and recruit partners in the market that can deliver innovative solutions to our customers, built on top of Google Cloud (Google Cloud Platform and G Suite).
- Develop our partners’ technical teams with both sales and technical competencies.
- Provide partners with product and technical knowledge on a consistent basis.
- Engage with partner technical representatives in opportunities and projects. Advise on integration strategies, platforms and the application infrastructure required to successfully implement a complete solution, providing advice to customers and Partners whilst optimizing Google Cloud's effectiveness.
- Act as a technical advocate within Google for our partners, in order to help provide feedback from the field and to advocate on their behalf.
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience serving in the capacity of a technical sales engineer in a cloud computing environment or experience in a customer and/or partner-facing role (including working as a member of a professional services, solutions architect or systems engineering team).
- Ability to travel up to 40% of the time.
- Ability to speak and write in English and Spanish fluently and idiomatically.
- Experience in data and information management. Experience using and/or managing databases.
- Experience with software lifecycle and build tools. Experience architecting and developing solutions for scalable, distributed systems.
- Experience with Linux.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Big Data, PaaS, SaaS, IaaS, public cloud, and related industry and technical concepts, as well as working knowledge of web application development platforms and related technologies.
- Ability to quickly learn, understand and work with new emerging technologies, methodologies, and solutions in the Cloud technology space.
- Ability to craft a compelling message and tailor it for a given audience. Ability to communicate deep technical expertise with simple, everyday language.
At Google, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other company location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.