Hyatt Director of Engineering in BOGOTÁ, Colombia
At Hyatt, we believe our guests select Hyatt because of our caring and attentive associates who are focused on providing efficient service and meaningful experiences. As a member of the properties Leadership Committee, the Director of Engineering is a highly visible role with exposure to Senior and Corporate leadership. This position reports to the hotel General Manager.
The Director of Engineering is responsible for maintaining the overall operation of the maintenance department and the appearance and working order of the hotel. The engineer must be able to work independently, as well as, with others. Responsibilities may include: maintaining the exterior of the building, parking lot, and common areas, maintaining all equipment in guest rooms, conducting monthly safety inspections and training the staff on safety and emergency procedures, and working with local vendors. The Director of Engineering must be willing to respond to emergencies, and work with corporate maintenance on this opening project. This position requires overall maintenance knowledge and trouble shooting ability with skills in painting, carpentry, equipment, and tool usage.
- Review contracts and negotiate revisions, changes and additions to local contractual agreements with vendors, consultants, clients, suppliers and subcontractors
- Requisition supplies and materials to complete construction projects
- Opening Properties: Confer with supervisory personnel, owners, contractors, and design professionals to discuss and resolve matters such as work procedures, complaints, and construction problems
- Interpret and explain plans and contract terms to administrative staff, workers, and clients, representing the owner or developer
- Plan, organize, and direct activities concerned with the maintenance of structures, facilities, and systems
- Prepare and submit budget estimates and progress and cost tracking reports
- Develop and implement quality control programs
- Inspect and review projects to monitor compliance with building and safety codes, and other regulations
- Capable of working with building code officials, planning/zoning officials and community design committees when required
- Experience in managing utility systems
- Prior equipment specifying and purchasing experience preferred
- Maintain communications with Corporate colleagues
- Coach and counsel employees to reflect Hyatt service standards and procedures
- Collaborate with Human Resources to recruit, interview and hire engineering team Hyatt associates work in an environment that demands exceptional performance yet reaps great rewards. Whether it’s career opportunities, job enrichment or a supportive work environment, if you are ready for this challenge, then we are ready for you.
- Looking to fill with Colombian national.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively interact with people of diverse socioeconomic, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds
- 6 years or more of progressive hotel or building management experience
- With opening hotels, previous hotel pre-opening experience preferred
- Service oriented style with professional presentations skills
- At least 6 years experience in a senior role within facility management
- Proven leadership skills
- Engineering/Facility Management degree preferred
- Must possess the following strengths: high energy, entrepreneurial spirit, motivational leader, effective communicator, effective in providing exceptional customer service and ability to improve the bottom line
- Clear concise written and verbal communication skills in English
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
Primary Location: Colombia-Bogotá
Organization: Grand Hyatt Bogota
Job Level: Full-time
Job: Engineering/Facility Maintenance
Req ID: BOG000005
Hyatt is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other group protected by law.