Hyatt Director of Food and Beverage in BOGOTÁ, Colombia
At Hyatt, we believe our guests select Hyatt because of our caring and attentive associates who are focused on providing efficient service and meaningful experiences. As a member of the properties Leadership Committee, the Director of Food and Beverage is a highly visible role with exposure to Senior and Corporate leadership. This position reports to the hotel General Manager.
The Director of Food and Beverage is responsible for overseeing and directing Banquets, Restaurants, In-Room Dining, Lounges, Stewarding, and any other Food or Beverage related areas operated by Hyatt.
- Responsible for short and long term planning and the management of the Food and Beverage operations in the front and back of the house
- Develop and recommend the budget, marketing plans and objectives and manages within those approved plans
- Participate in total hotel management as a member of the Hotel Executive Committee
- Implement and maintain F&B sales/marketing programs
- Direct and oversee development of employees
- Hire, train, empower, coach and counsel, performance and salary reviews
- Direct the implementation of the payroll, reports, forecasts, inventory and budget for food and beverage operations
- Coordinate food and beverage operations with other hotel departments to ensure efficient guest service
- Resolve customer complaints as appropriate to maintain a high level of customer satisfaction and quality
- Implement procedures to increase guest and associate satisfaction
- Exercise quality control for both food and beverage
- Maintaining Hyatt standards of service and ensure their implementation
- Performing daily walk-through to ensure full compliance with Department of Health regulations and Hyatt Corporate standards
- Maintain communications with Corporate Staff
- Coach and counsel employees to reflect Hyatt service standards and procedures Hyatt associates work in an environment that demands exceptional performance yet reaps great rewards. Whether it's career opportunities, job enrichment or a supportive work environment, if you are ready for this challenge, then we are ready for you.
- Looking to fill with Colombian national.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively interact with people of diverse socioeconomic, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds
- 6 years or more of progressive hotel Food and Beverage experience
- Previous hotel pre-opening experience (preferred)
- Service oriented style with professional presentations skills
- At least 5 years of experience in a senior role in a food and beverage environment
- Proven leadership skills & Hyatt values
- Must possess the following strengths: high energy, entrepreneurial spirit, motivational leader, proven track record in high volume concept, effective communicator, effective in providing exceptional customer service and ability to improve the bottom line
- Clear concise written and verbal communication skills in English
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Must have excellent organizational, interpersonal and administrative skills
- Experience in implementing new and innovative F&B concepts
Primary Location: Colombia-Bogotá
Organization: Grand Hyatt Bogota
Job Level: Full-time
Job: Food and Beverage
Req ID: BOG000003
Hyatt is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other group protected by law.