Microsoft Corporation Subsidiary PMM M365 Demand Center in Bogota, Colombia
What Joining the Microsoft Team Means…
As a company, our mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. As an employer, we empower our own people to achieve more and make a difference in the world. Join us and be one who empowers billions!
• Reach – Microsoft’s resources and scale empowers employees to utilize their skills for lasting impact.
• Freedom –Microsoft values each individual’s talent and skillset and provides the freedom to explore and enhance them.
• Inspiration – Inspiration can be found through our products and how they can improve our customers’ lives.
The Subsidiary Product Marketing Manager (PMM) is accountable for the subsidiary revenue, scorecard and market share for their assigned products in the Subsidiary. The PMM is required to have a strong understanding of their product set, specifically at the 200-300 level, and a deep understanding of customer solutions and strategies.
This role is seen as the voice of the products they represent within the subsidiary as well as the leader and the spokesperson for their product set. In addition, they must be able to articulate the local competitive landscape and develop local compete strategies and product differentiation by leveraging corporate and local research, partner insights and customer feedback. The PMM is responsible for leveraging customer needs, competitive knowledge and product expertise to drive the relevant business and marketing planning.
The Product Marketing Manager understands, orchestrates, and influences customer campaigns, marketing activities, and delivers product, solutions and customer campaign feedback to the business. An essential aspect of the role of the Product Marketing Manager is to align the content, timing and delivery of marketing messages and outreach to Microsoft’s customers and partners. The PMM must develop strong partnerships across marketing, partner, services and sales to lead and execute the fiscal year priorities. All relevant marketing teams need to work together to create the most impactful marketing strategy and execution plan possible by customer segment, minimizing ad-hoc and unintegrated customer and partner outreach. The various messages need to be very well aligned, with the end goal to think and act as “One Microsoft” - using a model like OARPi (Owner, Approver, Reviewers, Participants, Informed). In doing this, the PMM is an ambassador of the overall Product Brand and Microsoft CPE (Customer & Partner Experience).
The Impact You’ll Be Making…
Marketing Planning (30%)
• Engage and advocate for the Global Demand Center (GDC) for subsidiary marketing activities.
• Be the voice of the customer in understanding the value proposition and buyers needs.
• Understand the business goals of each Global Engagement Program (GEP) and drive local prioritization of available GEPs
• Model customer acquisition and seats/revenue growth (new & recurring) needs of each GEP
• Determine specific goals and KPIs to support each campaign
• Drive Surface device sales thru available GEP programs (in applicable markets)
• Develop GDC business plan including modeling the number of new known leads, MAQLs, to achieve business results.
• Actively engage cross segment and cross subsidiary to execute GEPs through the Global Demand Center; prioritize local demand generation funding to support GEPs
Program/Campaign Execution (30%)
• Actively engage cross Segments and cross Subsidiary in the One Microsoft orchestration (rationalized audience touches, coordinated offers, integrated marketing calendar, etc.)
• Orchestrate execution of the GEP driving direct customer acquisition and revenue; connect all field marketing execution (including events) into GDC, partnering with CMO team.
• Ensure handoffs between marketing, Inside Sales team, field sales, and partners is working effectively to drive timely lead flow.
• Drive local offers and events to amplify leads demand generation or leads accelaraton.
• Track and report marketing performance/KPIs
• Act as the voice of the field by ensuring timely updates/feedback to corporate on Global Demand Center execution in the subsidiary.
Business Management (20%)
• Develop expertise, track and report marketing performance/KPIs, utilizing the Global Demand Center dashboard and KPIs
• Understand funnel conversion rates, identify areas of strengths and weaknesses, and resolve issues. Initiate optimizations
• Understand marketing tactics that are working well and shift mix to maximize business results
• Actively engage cross segments and subsidiary to educate stakeholders and how best to engage the Global Demand Center.
Office 365 SMB Web Direct (20%)
• Main point of contact for any escalations around Direct funnel performance with Corp team.
• Determine how much local investment (funding) is needed to amplify web direct locally; monitor performance of local investment funds.
• Main point of contact to manage any new acquisition channel initiatives through Direct that require local engagement e.g. affliate
• # of known leads
o Trial signups
o Webinar registrations
o Gated content downloads
• # of MAQLs
• # of TQLs
• # of SQLs
• Sales pipeline generated
• # of new customer wins
• # of seat wins
Who We Are Looking For…
• Bachelor’s Degree (B.S./B.A.) required, relevant fields of study include Marketing, Business, Computer Science
• 5 years related experience
Skills & Knowledge
• Entrepreneur mindset
• Leads Change
• Deep customer focus and understanding
• Excellent Communicator
• Experienced in core marketing communications functions
This description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this position. The actual duties, responsibilities, and qualifications may vary based on assignment or group.
Must be able to successfully complete company background check.
Microsoft is an equal employer opportunity (EEO) and strongly supports diversity in the work place. Microsoft does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, gender, age, national origin, religion, marital status, veteran status, or sexual orientation and or individual with disabilities.